igubal® spherical thrust bearings
igubal® self-aligning spherical thrust bearings are very easy to fit and help to compensate for alignment errors and prevent edge loads. The ball pan consists of the impact-resistant, rigid, thermoplastic igumid G composite material.
The spherical washer consists of an iglidur® W300 as a standard. This combination results in particularly good friction and wear characteristics during relative movements.
- Easy installation
- Compensation of misalignment errors
- Compensation of edge loads
- Very good friction and wear properties
|When to use it?|
- If you want to save weight
- If corrosion resistance is requested
- If a bearing with a good coefficient of friction is required
|When not to use it?|
- At very high loads
- If temperatures are higher than +80 °C
- If a high rotational speeds have to be achieved
- If gliding speeds higher than 0.5 m/s are required
The load capacity of igubal® spherical thrust bearings is very high for standard ambient temperatures. For high continuous loads and high temperatures, the load capacity of the thrust bearings should be tested in an experiment that simulates the application.Assembly
The housing pad is installed in such a way that it is countersunk and secured. The spherical washer is loosely fitted in the pad and is held in place by the shaft that is placed into the bearing.