igubal® spherical bearing
The use of spherical bearings is usually associated with high weights of the bearings, difficult installation and high costs. In most cases, however, maintenance is required in the longer term and the bearings are only corrosion-free in special designs. Often roller bearings or plain bearings malfunction prematurely due to high edge loads, or because they need to be readjusted, reamed, or refitted in order to compensate for alignment errors. igubal® spherical bearings ends these disadvantages and opens up new possibilities through their design: They are easy to handle, cost-effective, very lightweight and very robust.
The housing is made of RN33, a particularly impact-resistant, long-fibre reinforced polymer. Suitable for temperatures from -30°C to +80°C in long-term use.
In standard spherical bearings, the spherical ball is made from iglidur® W300, a material known for low coefficient of friction in dry running operations and has an extremely low tendency to stick-slip. This is especially important for low loads and very slow movements.
- Very small installation space
- Wall thickness halved compared to KGLM
- Angular compensation up to 5°
- Food industry
- Railway technology
- Automotive industry
- Plant engineering
You can find many other areas of application at our [Link id="9"]
|When do I need it?|
- When I have high axial and radial load
- For the simplest installation
- When extremely small installation spaces are available
- When chemical resistance is required
- If a cost-effective alternative is needed
- When dirt-resistant bearings are required
- If misalignments are to be compensated
|When do I not need it?|
- If temperatures are higher than +80°C
- If diameters above 30 mm are required
- If rotation speeds of more than 0.5 m/s are to be achieved
Maintenance-free igubal® spherical bearings are designed with a tolerance in the inner diameter according to E10. The shaft tolerance should be between h6 and h9. The bearing clearance allows for expansion of the bearings due to increasing temperatures.[Link id="10"]Assembly
igubal® spherical bearings are press-fitted into a recommended H7 hole and axially secured. Exact alignment of the bearing housing is not necessary since the spherical bearing automatically compensates for alignment errors.