iglidur® - maintenance-free two hole flange bearing
With this design, it is possible to use iglidur® high-performance plain bearings in locations where recommended housing bore tolerances are not possible. Due to the design of the bearing, high loads are possible although minimum requirements are put on the precision of the housing.
iglidur® X is defined by its combination of very high temperature resistance with high compressive strength, along with high resistance to chemicals. iglidur® X is designed for higher speeds than other iglidur® bearings.
- Very good wear resistance
- Fulfils the fire prevention requirements of the Federal Aviation Administration of the USA (FAA) for aircraft interiors
|When to use it?
- When a screwed-on flange bearing is needed
- When using a clip bearing solution as a plate feed-through is not sufficient
- When extremely high absorption tolerances are present
- When the press fit of a press-in bearing is not sufficient to secure the bearing axially
|When not to use it?
Use our filter options to find the suitable product
- When an additional angular alignment is required
- When a screw connection is not possible
- When a large guide length is required
Various securing methods are considered depending on the loads. For low radial loads, it is sufficient to mount iglidur® flange bearings on one surface simply with two bolts. For higher radial loads, it is advisable to support the iglidur® flange bearing in a hole on the reinforced side in the direction of the load. For this hole, large tolerances are permitted, since it serves only as additional support for the iglidur® flange bearing. In order to achieve higher radial loads in the bearings, the iglidur® flange bearing can be press-fitted into a recommended housing bore with H tolerances. The additional bolts ensure the fit of the bearing in the housing. No special tools or equipment are required to install iglidur® maintenance-free flange bearings. Even aligning bearings on shafts with multiple bearings is easy during installation.
Certificates and standards